Friday, March 6, 2009

About Me

Well I felt that I should introduce myself a little more thoroughly since, I mean, if you're going to be reading my stuff you might as well know who I am right? My name is Michael Montgomery, I was born in California in January of 1990 and in 1994 moved to Emmett, Idaho. I've been in Idaho most of my life now and I love it; it's a great state filled with great people who love to help out their fellow man. I am an entrepreneur and hobbyist. I yo-yo, juggle, read, write, and enjoy playing pool with my friends.

I got started developing business ideas when I was a little bit younger, 15 or so, and from there I haven't looked back. Double-Take Industries was my first business idea; I wanted to make humorous shirts that took two looks to get the joke. These days I am focusing the company on supporting extreme sports and hobbies, which seems to have been a good choice. Since our start in October of 2007, we've sponsored three events: the 2008 Gem County Recreation District (GCRD) Spring Break Skateboard Competition, the 2008 Idaho Yo-yo Championships, and the 2008 GCRD Fall Slam Skateboard Competition.

I love yo-yoing, I've been playing yo-yo since I turned 14, or started the eighth grade. I organize the Official Idaho Yo-yo Championships, the first of which took place on the 10th of July in 2005 at Julia Davis Park in Boise; the second one took place on the 14th of June in 2008 at the Emmett Cherry Festival. I've participated in over ten competitions since then and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I've attended quite a few competitions, including the Columbia Basin Yo-yo Challenge in Washington, Pacific Northwest Yo-yo Championship in Seattle, Washington, and the Inland Empire Contest in Spokane, Washington. I attended and participated in my first national competition in 2004 and met a great number of other yo-yo enthusiasts who appreciate yo-yoing as a sport - in some cases a lifestyle - rather than just a simple hobby. It was quite the eye-opener. From there I attended the World yo-yo Contest in Orlando, Florida. That was a life-changing experience, to see so many people who are in love with their sport and have a passion for not just being competitive at it but also helping their peers get better and learn more tricks. Overall, yo-yoing has shaped my life differently than any other sport possibly could have.

I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me, please don't forget to cast your vote in the poll on the right, the more information I can get from you about what you'd like to learn about will help me know what to focus my time on J Have a pleasant day!

No comments:

Post a Comment